Elder Mikel North

Elder Mikel North
South Africa Durban Mission June 2015-2017

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

I Love To See The Temple

I haven't always been the most consistent person in my temple attendance, but thanks to Mikel I've gotten a lot better at it over the past year or so. He has always been my temple-going buddy and encourages me to go as often as I can. A few days before he left, we got to go to the temple together one last time, and because he is endowed he got to confirm and baptize me. It was the coolest experience for me, and I felt so much comfort through the Holy Ghost. Probably my favorite part of going with him that last time was how he acted in the temple. It's not that he was irreverent before he was endowed, but he was so much more focused and treated it so sacred. Going with him just really confirmed to me that what he is doing is the right thing and everything will work out the way it is supposed to. I'm so grateful for Mikel's example to me and how he has influenced my life.





Today, I didn't have early morning training and my first class didn't start until 1:00, so I went to the temple by myself because I was really needing comfort and peace. I've never actually gone by myself, I've always gone with other people, so it was a little bit different. I had a lot of time to read some scriptures, ponder and pray. I was talking to my mom last night because I just felt really sad and I was having a hard time with him being gone, and she told me that instead of feeling lonely and sad while missing him, I need to figure out what it is Heavenly Father wants me to work on. I need to figure out what my spiritual purpose is while he is gone, so that I can be a better support to him while he is gone and be who I need to be when he gets back. So I prayed and prayed last night and this morning to find my purpose right now, and while in the temple I opened up to Mikel's favorite scripture (2 Nephi 31:20). But as I continued reading through 2 Nephi 32, it told me exactly what I need to be doing. 

1: And now, behold, my beloved brethren, I suppose that ye ponder somewhat in your hearts concerning that which ye should do after ye have entered in by the way. But, behold, why do ye ponder these things in your hearts?
3: Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.
5: For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do.

Scripture study and listening to the Holy Ghost, but also just putting my complete trust in the Lord. I may not know what I'm supposed to be doing just yet, but the answer will come. I'm the kind of person who always likes to have control of an outcome, but I guess I'm not really the one in charge here. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment